|| Hari Sarvothama Vayu Jivothama ||
|| Sri Vijayendra Sudeendra Raghootama Raghavendra Gurubyo Namaha ||
abhramaM bhaN^garahitaM ajaDaM vimalaM sadA|AnandatIrthaM atulaM bhaje tApatrayApaham.h||
The always undeluded, unobstructed, free of sloth, and free of filth;that Ananda Tîirtha, the incomparable, I salute, who is the remover of all misery.
If one always practices to do actions with a dedicated spirit to Sri Hari,it pleases him—Quote by Jagadguru MadhvAchArya
Today(22-10-2015) is very auspicious day for all of us, yes, today is the Janmadhina of Jagadguru Sriman Madhvacharya,the founder of the dvaita school of Philosophy and religion.He is the third avatAra of vAyu(the god of life), the other two are: Sri Hanuman(in tretA yuga), and shrI bhImasena(in dvApara yuga). His name is mentioned in the BaLitthA SUkta of the Rg VEda & Garuda purana. shrI MadhvAcharya himself acknowledges this in one of his works.
Jagadguru Sri madhvAchArya was born in the village of Pajaka,near uDupi, Karnataka, India.
From Sri Sumadhwavijaya,
Acharya’s mother foetus grew like the white orb of the moon in the brighter half of the month and she delivered the baby. Mukhya Prana, who had been ordered by God, came to Rupyapeeta (Udupi) and after offering his prostrations to the Lord there(Anantheswara) went to his future abode with a part of himself. -24
He, who was the Lord of all the worlds and endowed with six auspicious possessions (Shadgunaiswarya) entered the body of the new born baby which possessed23all the (32) auspicious attributes and was extremely beautiful having nine main entries, bysending away its earlier occupant. This was like a king entering a great city with allattractive features with nine main gates. -25
Dvaita is only philosophy,consistent with all srutis&smritis without any exception.Jagadguru Sri Madhva is the source of all knowledge.Sri Rudradeva and all other deities worship and pay homage to Jagadguru Madhvacharya(except Sri Hari/Sri Lakshmi).
Madaacharyaa’s philosophy is the real philosophy that will grant eternal bliss in the form of moksha-Golden words of Sri Raghavendra Swamy.Jagadguru Srimanmadhvacharya used to defeat and drive away evil disputants like a powerful lion does with weak dogs.Sri Sripadarajaru says, the one who is the most powerful amongst all jIvas,the abode of all(good)qualities,the one bearing the name Sri Madhwacharya
Once Madhwa had 4000 bananas&30 pots of milk offered by a devotee,it is very same Acharya carried out total abstinence&silence for 48days.This is to show all of us that he is an avatara of Sri Vayu devaru. anandatirtha,nanditirtha,karunabdhi,vidyadhipati,mahamanah,sucitta,bhavi caturmukha,buddhiralaya,anantacintakau,jagadguru,yatendra,prabhu,devavaraprasadita,bhavi caturmukha,pureabodha,dvijavaundavanditau are few names of Jagadguru SriMadhvacharya.
Madhvacharya’s fame illumines three lokas(Heavens,Earth&Nether worlds)both inside&outside,dispels even the internal darkness in our heart. Shobhanabhatta and Shambushastri being humbled in debate by MadhvAcharya became his disciples and took sanyasa,renamed as Sri Padmanabha Theertharu &Sri Narahari Theertharu.According to the taratamya, Sri Rudradeva and all other deities worship and pay homage to Jagadguru Madhvacharya(except Sri Hari/Sri Lakshmi).
Related articles about Sri Madhvacharya:
- Know basics of Sri Madhvacharya from here (Thanks to Vishwa Madhva Sangha for their courtesy)
- To know more about the greatness of SrimanmadhVacharya: Click here
- Sri Madhvanama by Sri Sripadarajaru: Click here to read
- Kavikulathilaka Trivikrama padithacharya wrote Vayushuthi after seeing Hanuma, Bheema, Madhwaru worshipping, Shrirama, Krishna, Vedavyasaru
- Gurugunasthavana by Sri Vadeendra Theertharu: 3rd and 4th sloka
- From BaLittha Suuktha:Whose three divine forms have been described by Vedic statements (such as the BaLitthA Suukta of the Rg Veda); whose nature is that of great wisdom and ability, is the support of the activity of the worlds, is very worshipful (of Vishnu), and who incarnates with his full potency (with no diminution); that Vaayu, in his first avataara, carried the message of Raama, destroyed a fearsome army in his second, and in the third, as Madhva, composed this work (the Vishnu-tattva-vinirNaya) as a service to Keshava”.
- Sri Vyasaraju is exhorting such people who are disciples of Sri Madhvacharya to follow the tennets of the philosophy and he says that the Lord will easily bestow His grace on such a devotee. This great saint has also done prathistapana of 732 Sri Vayu devaru[with all the three lakshanas i) Sri Hanumantha(bell in the tail) ii)Sri Bheema(sougandhika flower in left hand) iii)Sri Madhwa(holy shika)] throughout our bharatha desa. See here to know more
- Song by Sri Vyasarajaru on Sri Hanumantha devaru:Click here
- Sri Madhwacharyaru in the songs of Sri Purandaradasaru: Click here to read
- Know about Tatvavadha philosophy from here
‘Gu’ means darkness,’Ru’ means to confine.Hence, Guru means one who dispels the darkness of ignorance thro’ the light of his knowledge.Let Srimadhvacharya be my Guru in all my births.
Oh! Matarishwa, the wind-god, you are the nourishing motherProtecting father, guiding teacher, a friend-philosopher-guideRemove the pangs of birth and death, O LordGrant me true devotion for Lord Krishna which is free fromDesire, lust and pride and which is ever increasingOh the omnipresent, the most revered of the revered- From Sri Hari Vayu sthuthi
In the service of Sri Hari Vayu Gurugalu,
Venkatesh Rajendra Rao