|| Hari Sarvothama Vayu Jivothama ||
|| Sri Sri Raghavendra Gurubyo Namaha ||
Lord Sri Krishna protects all always, as He is the Lord of all entities in the World. He is Sarvothama and the one who is always filled with auspicious qualities- Sri Madhvacharya in Dvadasa stotra.
Lord Sri Krishna, you have eyes like lotus, you have taken avatara especially to destroy Kamsa and others ,please protect us- Sri Vadiraja Tirtha in Dasavatara stuthi.
Sri Krishna Jayanthi
Sri Krishna Jayanthi is celebrated on 28-8-2013(Wednesday). It was the day when the Eight avatara of Lord Sriman Narayana (Sri Krishna) took birth in order to save Satvik jeevas and to bring trouble to Kings like Kamsa. Sri Krishna is considered to be an avatara who gives Gyana. [Readers, please note all the Avatars of Lord Sriman Narayana are same and there is not even single difference among those] Sri Vadiraja Tirtha Swamiji in one of his stotras called Dashavatarastuthi narrates the great mahimas of Lord Sri Krishna. Jagadguru Sriman Madhvacharya has written various compositions on Lord Sri Krishna.In one of his works called “Sri Krishnaamruthamaharnava” says ‘Those who utter the name of Lord Sri Krishna(with bhakthi) will never attain hell and also orders us to pray Govindha when our Organs are functioning properly and health is in good shape, which will make our life useful and worthy.
Udupi Sri Krishna temple:
Jagadguru Sri Madhvacharya did installation of Sri Balarama at Vadabhandeshwara,Malpe and Lord Sri Krishna at Parasurama shetra called “Udupi” facing Lord in West direction.Lord is worshipped only through a window with nine holes called the Navagraha Kitiki. It is the same place where Mantraalaya Swamiji Sri Raghavendra Swamiji composed and sang beautiful song on Lord Sri Krishna. Readers, quickly navigate here to know more about this place.
Birth of Lord Sri Krishna:
Sri Vadiraja Tirtha Swamiji’s Sri Lakshmi Shobhanae gives us good piece of information on birth of Lord Sri Krishna. Lord Sri Krishna did not take birth by staying in garbhavasa for the period of 10 months. It is only due to prayers of Vasudeva,Devaki he showed to the world that he took birth from garbha, which is just a game played by him and the Saints know the real reason behind it.
Prayers to Lord through Vayu:
- Sri Vadiraja Tirtha Mahaprabhu in one of his stotra(Krishnastakam) says one’s prayer to Lord Sri Krishna will be fulfilled only when Lord is mediated through Sri Vayu. As we know Sri Vayu has taken three avatars i) Sri Hanuma ii) Sri Bheema & iii) Sri Madhvacharya.
- Sri Vyasaraja Tirtha has composed many works which all proved the Supremacy of Lord Sri Krishna. In one of HIS holiness songs he asks us to chant “Krishna Krishna Krishna” thrice with bhakthi which will please Lord and thereby will show the way to attain Mukthih. Sri Vyasarajaru does not stop thereby and tells us at the last stanza to follow the great Vaishnava Matha(Sri Madhva matha) so that Lord Sri Krishna will give his loka to us.
- Sangeetha pithamaha Sri Purandaradasaru has composed nearly 4 lakhs of dasarapadhagalu and has composed various songs on Lord Sri Krishna one among is ‘kande naa udupiya Krishnana’. In this song he narrates the beauty of Udupi Shetra and says he mediated Sri Hanumantha in his mind and prayed the Lord. This shows all our prayers must go through Vayu bhagvana without which Lord will never accept.
In depth reason -showing the entire Universe to his mother
We have read that Lord Sri Krishna had shown the universe to his mother Yashodha while yawning as well as when he opened his mouth to prove that he did not eat sand. Jagadguru Sri Madhvacharya says in Tatparya Nirnaya that mother Yashodha had seen the belly of Lord Krishna through his mouth in which she had seen all the devathas including Sri Rudra(Shiva), human beings, daityas along with the whole universe. The reason why Lord showed the globe in his mouth is to show all of us that during the time of pralaya(destruction) he keeps the entire Universe in his stomach. This shows the Supremacy of Lord Sriman Narayana over other demi Gods.
Fasting on this sacred day:
Vaishnavas fast on Sri Krishna Jayanthi similar to Ekadashi and give argya to Lord Sri Krishna, who was born in the midnight. In a silver spoon pour 3 times of Milk & 3 times of Water in to one’s right hand(should hold lemon). The argya water must go in to a silver bowl through lemon. Argya must be given by all in the family. It is believed that one will get Gyana with the blessings of Sri Vayu antharkatha Sri Krishna when fasting is observed with bhakthi.
jaataha kamsavadhaarthaaya bhubhaarottaaraNaaya cha
kouravaaNaam vinaashaaya daityaanaam nidhanaaya cha |
paanDavaanaam hitaarthaaya dharmasamsthaapanaaya cha |
gRuhaaNaarGyam mayaa dattam dEvakyaa sahitO harE|
dEvakI sahita shrI kRuShNaaya nama:
idamarGyam idamarGyam idamarGyam samarpayaam ||
- Udupi Sri Krishna pooja-Video: Click the below play button the screen online.
- Udupi- Land of Lord Sri Parasurama: Click here to read in detail.
Let Jagadguru Sri Madhvacharya antharkatha Lord Sri Parasurama bless all of us with Gyana/Bhakthi/Vairagya,
—In the service of Sri Hari Vayu Gurugalu,
Venkatesh Rajendra Rao.
May the great teacher,Sri VyasaTirtha,be our guide&protector,to grant all our desires.