|| Hari Sarvothama Vayu Jivothama ||
|| Sri Raghavendra Gurubyo Namaha ||
Thanks goes to my well wisher “Sri Vijay Vittal” for the below post:
Aradhane of Sri Sri Prasanna Venkata Dasaru[27-09-2012] (1680 to 1752)
Shri Shaatpraapta suvij~jaanam Shrishaika niratam sadaa|
prasanna VEnkataaryOme bhUyaat sarvaartha siddhaye||
- Birth place: Dasaru was born in 1680 at Bagalkot,which is on the bank of the river Ghataprabha.
- Father: Sri Narasappayya Kakhandaki.
- Mother: Laxmibai,
- Childhood name: Venkanna
- Brother: The elder brother name was Raghavendracharya and younger one was Venkanna.
- Divine voice called him to Tirupathi abode of Srinivasa when he left the house,at the age of 12 years .
- Anugraha by:: One night in his dream Venkanna was blessed by the holy presence of Sri Guru Raghavendra Swami who said ” Venkanna Lord Srinivasa is waiting for you. Go there my boy”.
- Anthika by:Lord Srinivasa came to him and scribed on his tongue, the word “Prasanna Venkata” and disappeared.
Some of the compositions by Dasaru:
- “Samastanama manigana satcarana” is one of his longer poems,
- “Naradaru Korvani Vesha talda caritre” is full of humour, telling how Narada Maharshi put on the role of a soot-sayer (gipsy woman) and assured Rukmani Devi that Sri Krishna only would be her husband
- Hanuma Namma Tayi Tande
- Karta Krishnaih Nee Barayya
- Entha Shreemantanantano
- Jo Jo Nandana Kanda,
- Ranga koLanoodalAgi
- Rangaiah koLanoodalu,
- Aane Bantaane Bantaane Banthammaaa
- Paliso Madhava
- Tappu Galanella Pariharisuva Nammappanallave Neenu
- Nee Karuniso Vitthala
- Tappu Nodade Bandya ( Composed on having the real form darshan of lord Srinivasa),
- Bideno Ninnanghri Shreenivasa
List of Krutigalu :
Dashamaskandha Bhagavat,Satyabhama Vilasa,Samastana Manigana Shat Charanna Padyamala,Bhramara Geete,Keerthanegalu,Suladigalu,Ugabhogagalu etc.
Dasaru composed songs on:
On Raghavendraru when dasaru went to Mantralaya::
- Yelu Sri Gururaya Bellagaitindu
- Dhooli Darshan Kodiri Yi Velle Shishyarige // P//
- Yellu Guru RaghavendraYellu Daya Guna Saandra
- Yellu Kumuduke Chandra Sri Raghavendra
On Sri Tirumala Timmappa:
1)He felt dishearted when he knew he had to go away from Tirumala for the job that the lord had ordered him to do. He was going to miss the divine joy of seeing his lord everyday.
Bidalare Bidalare Ninna Adidavareya
Kodukondu Abhaya Vididemmeaya Tande
Kooguve Manadanniye Krapasagarnendelli
Koogidarodagida Naganna Kelli Tande …..”
2)When Venkanna strung the chords of the tamboori, there was a divine echo. He slowly started to walk away from the crowd with the tamboori in his hand, singing his impromptu kirtans –
“ Salaho Venkataramanaa Dayambudhi Salaho Venkataramanna
Mastakdoloppuva Manikya Mukutada Kasturi Namada Chaluvaa ….”
3)Composed on having the real form darshan of lord Srinivasa
“ Tappau Nodade Bandyeya ! Yennaya Tande /
Appa Tiruvenkateshane Nirdoshane .. …/ /”
Let this brilliant and beautiful dasaru bless all of us with Gyana/Bhakthi/Vairagya,
—In the service of Sri Hari Vayu Gurugalu,
Venkatesh Rajendra Rao.
- Click here to visit my Spiritual blog on Tatvavadha
- Click here to Subscribe my SMS Channel to learn Tatvavadha
- Click here to meet me in facebook
- Click here to follow me in Twitter
-May the great teacher,Sri VyasaTirtha,be our guide&protector,to grant all our desires.